- Also see: Southeast Asia Travel COVID-19 Overview
- Also see: South America Travel COVID-19 Overview
LATEST CAMBODIA COVID-19 NEWS:
- 11th July 2022 – Cambodia relaxes entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers by removing the mandatory quarantine rule. Source.
- 8th July 2022 – All land borders between Cambodia and Vietnam, Thailand and Laos are now open. Source.
- 28th April 2022 – Cambodia has removed its outdoor mask mandate. Source.
Disclaimer: COVID-19 travel restrictions are changing every day and the following information reflects South East Asia’s Backpacker’s understanding of the current rules for entry. While we update this article regularly to ensure the information is as current as it can be, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
Cambodia Travel Restrictions
Can you travel to Cambodia right now?
Yes. Cambodia is open to all international travellers.
- Vaccinated travellers that show proof of vaccination can enter Cambodia without testing upon arrival.
Please see here for Cambodia’s list of recognised vaccines.
- There is no mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated travellers entering Cambodia.
- All unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated travellers (1 dose) have to take a Covid test (rapid antigen)on arrival at their own expense of $5 USD.
- A positive test result will permit the traveller to self-isolate at home so long as the symptoms are mild.
Note: If you have had COVID-19 in the last year, you will be expected to comply with the entry requirements as per your vaccination status.
Before you enter Cambodia, you will need:
Required Entry Documents
- Visa: Can either be obtained online in advance or on arrival.
- Either proof of vaccination status or a test on arrival ($5 USD).
- Complete the FPCS online registration via the official app -> Android | iOS
- There is no longer a requirement which says your insurance must cover COVID-19. However, this is still advisable.
SafetyWing is the travel insurance of choice for scores of backpackers!
- Subscription style insurance
- Offers COVID-19 cover
- Available after your trip has started
COVID-19 Tests Required
- As of March 17th 2022, there is no longer a COVID-19 testing requirement for vaccinated travellers in Cambodia. However, voluntary testing pre-departure is recommended.
- Quarantine no longer applies for international travellers regardless of vaccination status so long as the unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated present negative results from the rapid antigen test on arrival.
Local COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations below are only meant to serve as a guide and the situation is prone to change rapidly without warning. For more information on local rules and restrictions visit the Ministry of Health for Cambodia.
- FACE COVERINGS – The public are recommended to wear face masks across Cambodia. Also see: Best face masks for travel.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – Recommended all over the country.
- CURFEWS – There are currently no curfews in place but they can spring up at short notice.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT – Face masks are recommended on public transport.
- VENUES AND GATHERINGS – Many hospitality venues and hotels have been forced to close permanently. In Phnom Penh, you may be asked to show proof of vaccination before entering venues of various types.
- MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE – Travellers are allowed to travel freely through Cambodia, however, local restrictions can change rapidly without notice.
All land borders with Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam are now open.
- Ministry of Health for Cambodia
- Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- UK Government Travel Advice
- US Embassy in Cambodia
- Global Travel Advisories
- Phnom Penh Post Newspaper
- The Humanitarian Data Exchange
Join Over 20,000 Happy Backpackers in Our Facebook Group!
Find travel buddies. Get advice. Have all your questions answered by travellers on the ground in Southeast Asia right now.
3 thoughts on “COVID-19: Cambodia Travel Updates”
Hi what are the travel restrictions to Cambodia for international tourists with children under the age of 12 who are not vaccinated?
What is the requirement entry to Combodia in the moment
The entry requirement into Cambodia depends on your vaccination status. Please see the details above.